Thanks for your interest in joining our team! We practice a bio-intensive model of farming that focuses on high yields, multi-succession planting, and intensive planting. Produce is sold through a CSA, farmers markets and wholesale. We are proud of the success we have had thus far and look forward to growing our team and our production.
FULL OR PART TIME
June to November 2018
We are seeking motivated individuals or a couple to join our farm team. We are looking for someone who is invested in organic agriculture and is interested in pursuing farming as a possible career.
For this current opening, previous work experience on a farm is required.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Accommodations are available in a clean and attractive private apartment. (Individuals or couples are welcome to apply)
LOCATION: Markham, Ontario (Near Markham/Stouffville/Pickering) 40 Minutes from Toronto, Ontario
DESCRIPTION: As part of our farm team, you will contribute to all aspects of our farm production. Training to our particular farming practices will be provided. Areas of work will including:
Preparing for/attending Markets and CSA
Carpentry / Building Projects
Weed and Pest Management
Fertility and Land Management
• At least one season of farming experience required
• Knowledge of organic farming practices is an asset
• Self-motivated and hardworking
- Ability to work at a fast pace in groups or alone
- Physically fit and capable of working efficiently in a variety of weather conditions
- Positive in attitude and contributes to an efficient and enjoyable work environment
- Keen to contribute ideas and demonstrate problem solving abilities
- Good sense of humour and desire to work in a team setting
WAGES: Compensation will be determined based on the selected candidates experience and the amount of hours agreed upon.
TO APPLY: Click the 'Apply Now' button below, fill out our Farm Crew Questionnaire and attach your resume.